Each year the Florida Home Builders Political Action Committee (FHB PAC) continues to advance its mission of fighting unnecessary fees and seeking ways to stop burdensome regulations. Through the FHB PAC, we have experienced very positive results. In the last four years, we have pursued issues that save money and increase your bottom line, such as:
- Reinserted the shower pan exemption;
- Provided flexibility to blower door testing;
- Addressed fire distance separation and zero-lot-lines,
- Ensured affordable housing trust fund monies, e.g. Sadowski, go to the State Housing Initiative Program (SHIP) and the State Apartment Incentive Loan (SAIL) program;
- Ensured accountability for permit requests;
- Ensured impact fee increases do not apply to pending permit applications;
- The state preemption of local “Rights of Nature” ballot initiatives (a misguided attempt to convince local communities to grant natural systems individual and protected rights);
- The type-two transfer of the State’s Onsite Sewage Treatment and Disposal Systems (OSTDS) program from the Florida Department of Health to the Florida Department of Environmental Protection;
- Provided more flexibility for redeeming and transferring impact fee credits;
- Required local governments that adopt linkage fees on residential or mixed-use housing to fully offset all costs to developers;
- Allowed local governments to authorize affordable housing on any parcel zoned for residential, commercial, or industrial use;
- Required local governments to provide specific impact fee reporting in their annual financial audit to the Florida Department of Financial Services; &
- Most recently, ensured our industry was deem an essential service throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
These are just a few of the legislative and executive victories that are the result of tireless lobbying efforts, that require us to leverage leadership relationships. The goal of the FHB PAC is to continue to make a positive difference in the business environment for Florida’s building industry. With the help of our members and donations from supporters such as you, we will continue to see improvements.
Message from FHB PAC Chair, Suzanne Graham
The Florida Home Builders Political Action Committee and FHB-PAC 1,000 Club is committed to helping support the construction industry in the halls of the Capitol. Each year the FHB PAC continues to advance its mission of fighting unnecessary fees and seeking ways to stop burdensome regulations. Through the FHB PAC, we have seen positive results.
The goal of the FHB PAC is to continue to make a positive difference in the business environment in Florida’s building industry. With the help of donations from supporters we will continue to see improvements.
We look forward to your support of the building industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Membership of the FHB PAC is comprised of homebuilders and members & friends of the homebuilding industry.
Members of the FHB PAC are FHBA members in good standing and contributors to the Friends of FHB PAC. Members of the 1,000 Club are the financial support necessary to elect pro-builder candidates who share our ideas and understand building is a vital part of Florida’s economy. 1,000 Club members receive exclusive benefits for their support.
The FHB PAC Board is comprised of homebuilding industry leaders from around the state.
Contributions used for political purposes are not tax deductible on federal income taxes.
You may invest online [link to forms] by personal check payable to:
FHB PAC 2600 Centennial Place | Tallahassee, FL 32308